09 November 2007

Mukasey confirmed & I am sick to my stomach


And I am literally nauseous - not kidding.

In a vote of 53-40 and 7 not voting, Michael Mukasey was confirmed Thursday by the Senate.

What is telling are the "no shows" . All the current Senators that are running for President were no shows.


This fact should be telling America.

Quotes from the Corporate Board of Executives (aka Senate).

Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt

"This is like saying when somebody murders somebody with a a baseball bat and you say, 'We had a law against murder but we never mentioned baseball bats,'" said Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. "Murder is murder. Torture is torture."

JMCO = Just My Cynical Opinion

Well Mr. Leahy. You gave great sound bites end of Aug up to the end of the Summer recess on the AG confirmation. I remember hearing from Chairman Leahy end of August until Madame_CEO_Pelosi came back and gave the orders for the 4th quarter.

"...I think that we should have the answers, and I have a great deal of confidence in the inspector general," Leahy said. "I have told the White House there's a lot of information we need to have before a confirmation hearing."
"...I think that we should have the answers, and I have a great deal of confidence in the inspector general," Leahy said. "I have told the White House there's a lot of information we need to have before a confirmation hearing."
"Will you give the same kind of advice? How do you feel about this torture memo? How do you feel about the warrantless wiretapping of Americans?'," said Leahy.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy

Being better than Gonzales or an acting attorney general is not enough qualification for the job, said Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass.

"The next attorney general must restore confidence in the rule of law," he said. "We cannot afford to take the judgment of an attorney general who either does not know torture when he sees it or is willing to look the other way."



http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00407

No comments: